a documentary by Pieter De Vos
Mathilde organizes the world's very first 'Miss Homeless' pageant. Fifteen women compete for the main prize: one year rent-free housing. 'Mathilde's Misses' uses the controversy of the election, to sketch a committed portrait of women at the edge of society. We follow three of the participants during 18 months, resulting in a dramatic story with the election as a backdrop.
'MATHILDE'S MISSES' WILL SOON BE AVAILABLE 'FREE-TO-SHARE'
Free online viewing
DON'T MISS OUT ON THE ONLINE PREMIERE!
We don't like Theodore Dalrymple and we feel closed copyright is sooo last century.
'Mathilde's Misses' wants to be a tool for creating solidarity with people suffering the violence of poverty. The documentary will be released with a creative commons licence so it can freely roam the web. We stand for a free and open internet, and firmly believe in open culture participation.
AchtTV17 oktober 2012Belgium
- Open knowledge festival, Helsinki - FINLAND
- Incubate Festival - THE NETHERLANDS
- Barcelona CC Film Festival, Barcelona - SPAIN
- CC Cusco - PERU
- Festival Audiovisual Medellin - COLOMBIA
- Festival Audiovisual Barranquilla - COLOMBIA
- Zeven dagen sociale film, Antwerpen - BELGIUM
- Relics Kunstenfestival, Antwerpen - BELGIUM
- Seven islands International Film Festival, Mumbai - INDIA